EDIUS X 2021
Nonlinear Editing Software
EDIUS X marks the start into a new era of nonlinear editing. EDIUS X comes with a completely redesigned core engine along with a modular concept allowing even more performance for fully customizable workflows.
For about two decades EDIUS is well known for its stability, benchmark setting performance, and creative tools. EDIUS is being used across the industry from broadcast facilities and news agencies up to government institutions, corporate productions, independent film makers, video creators and video enthusiasts.
The new modular design enables Grass Valley to continuously update and enhance the EDIUS X feature set and workflow options. This will allow to meet upcoming customer demands and to incorporate new technologies and web services such as machine learning during the ongoing development.
- Register or Login to eID (EDIUS ID)
- Select EDIUS from menu, then select download of EDIUS X trial version
- Check for email notification (serial number and setup file download address)
- Background Rendering: EDIUS X will never ask you to interrupt your editing for a process to finish. This will make your workflow smooth, creative and virtually unstoppable.
- Background Export: The new background render engine is also great for exporting files. You will never have to pause your work.
- GV Job Monitor: EDIUS X keeps you informed about all background activities and lets you prioritize jobs as needed.
- VST Plug-in Support: EDIUS X broadens the support for VST plug-ins, including support for latency compensation along with a powerful WaveShell integration.
- Layouter Motion Tracking with Chase Mode: EDIUS X allows you to easily attach a label, animation or video clip to your tracked object.
- Layouter Motion Tracking with Anchor Mode: Have your picture automatically reframed with reference to the tracked object. This is great for aspect ratio conversions and virtual multicamera shots.
- H.265 Export: EDIUS X speeds up the export rendering time by leveraging NVIDIA GPU support. This is also available with the new background rendering options.
- GUI Color: EDIUS X comes with a refined GUI in a darker color. This makes editing even more comfortable, has a cool look and relieves eye strain.
- Optimized Performance: EDIUS X is all about performance and a futureproof design. EDIUS X requires Windows 10 and makes optimal use of advanced technology. This includes hardware acceleration provided by Intel QuickSync as well as a broad GPU support. The new modular design allows utilizing the potential of multicore CPUs more efficiently than ever before.
- Optimized Audio Sync Performance: EDIUS X provides an even faster automatic audio sync function, auto-aligning as many clips as your projects require for a smooth multicam editing experience.
- Native Support for the Latest Cameras and Codecs: EDIUS X supports the newest codecs and camera releases natively like no other NLE. No need to transcode, just edit!
- Ongoing Continuous Development: EDIUS X will continue to expand and grow its toolset with even more creative possibilities. EDIUS X users will benefit from all EDIUS X Version 10.x updates available for download free of charge throughout the entire lifecycle of EDIUS X.
Outlook EDIUS 10.x 2021
With the upcoming EDIUS X Version 10.x releases, Grass Valley will continuously update and enhance EDIUS X with new functions and workflow options with every free update during its lifecycle of two to three years.
As EDIUS X is a milestone and the first release of the newest generation, users can expect not only new functions, but also extended and all-new workflow options. Among many other enhancements, the upcoming releases of EDIUS X Version 10.x are expected to feature:
- Teamwork editing, including the sharing of content and projects
- Enhanced project parameter change options
- Enhanced workflow options utilizing the cloud
- Intelligent handling of metadata for optimized media management
- Diagnostics and auto-bulk-optimization of audio and video clips
- Enhanced SDK and REST API for third-party developers, allowing a perfect integration
- Source: https://www.grassvalley.com/products/editing/non-linear-editing-software/edius-x/#